Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bouillabaisse


I was obsessed with seafood soups for awhile. I decided to try and make a bouillabaisse. Unfortunately it's sort of like bolognese where there are different variations of "authentic." It varies from region to region.... but I liked this one I saw from epicurious. And this one for the rouille, which was really good. Who knew soggy bread crumbs and olive oil could be so good??

the rouille

I made a LOT of substitutions. I don't have a lobster or saffron budget. I grabbed a mixed frozen seafood bag from Trader Joe's and threw in some fresh shrimp and bass. I also used canned tomatoes. I also used some canned fish stock and then some chicken bouillon.

A nice big bowl of soup and rouille, not pictured... crusty french bread with a dash of extra virgin olive oil.

I think this was a really

No comments:

Post a Comment