Tuesday, March 23, 2010

That Simple But Amazing Tomato Sauce Everyone Raves About

Not really knowing how to name this post, we'll just jump straight into the goodies. Listen up folks: this is seriously one of the simplest, easiest recipes ever. Grabbed the recipe from here: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/01/tomato-sauce-with-butter-and-onions/

It's literally 3 ingredients. 3! Tomatoes, butter, and onion. Measurements:
1. Two 28 ounces canned, whole peeled tomatoes (I used 2 cans by accident, but the recipe was still awesome ...and healthier)
2. 5 tbsp butter
3. yellow onion, peeled and halved
4? (and salt for #4, if you need it)

And the steps are as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Put all ingredients in the pot to boil
2. Turn down to simmer for 45 mins, meanwhile cooking your choice of pasta
3. Throw out onion & serve with pasta



Even though this was claimed to be the best tomato sauce ever, I just had to add ground beef. I love meat too much!

But I did get a chance to try it without the meat, and surprisingly, I could honestly eat the pasta just with the sauce. It's soooooo delicious!

Can't fathom to throw away the onions? I couldn't either. The Asian-ness in me slapped me around awhile until I succumbed to the calling for no food waste. I ended up chopping the tasty onions up and making an egg scramble/omelet out of it with some chopped ham. :)

Two great meals in one low budget. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment