Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why I love Puff Pastry

I just bought a kitchenaid mixer and... wait what does that say?? Your KitchenAid Stand Mixer will mix faster and more thoroughly than most other electric Stand Mixers.. hmm INTERESTING.








Ok, this recipe is not fancy, but I LOVE Hot Pockets and I'm trying to learn to love cheese in food besides cheese burgers, pizza and chili cheese fries. Here is the blog where I found the recipe. I really love frozen puff pastry (even my Ralphs has it so yours probably will too). It's so convenient! I let it thaw while I prepare the other ingredients... just be careful not to tear it when you open the folds. I usually use it in sweet recipes- this is my first savory one with puff pastry.

When it says you should stretch the dough, you really should try to stretch it a tad bit, or make less filling. I didn't stretch the first 2 and I had leftover filling (plus 1 busted open).

Here's mine:




And I also bought pastry shells because there were on sale and ended up with this:


It's a modified version of the Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe from Epicurious (which I can't find right now...). It was basically cubed strawberries macerated, and then that juice + lemon juice + gelatin and then the macerated strawberries were added back in. This was left until almost solidifed and it was spooned into the already baked shells. Overall, delicious (but I did overbeat the cream).

No comments:

Post a Comment