Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chinese Tea (or Soy Sauce) Egg


This is one of my favorite things to eat- they sell them at 7-11's in Taiwan in big crock pots. I think they sell packets of pre-measured seasonings at asian supermarkets, but I haven't tried those. I got the recipe here. I really love the internet and finding great recipes like this for asian foods that I love, but don't have recipes for. I was surprised to find cinnamon on the ingredient list and the star anise I found at Whole Foods.

The ingredients (minus the eggs).


Post-boiling and sitting overnight.

Well it definitely helps to simmer them longer. My eggs turned out pretty pale compared to the ones you find at 7-11 (although those are probably in the pot for a day). Anyways- a great thing to try if you haven't already. I really liked the licorice-ness of the eggs (even though I hate licorice).

I have to share my favorite root beers: Virgils. You can find it at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and it's the best root beer ever. (Not that I've tried many fancy ones, but this is wayyyyy better than A&W). Also pictured: BLT on honey whole wheat with basil mayonnaise (just blend mayo and basil). Sometimes simple is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment