Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Banana Cream Pie and Rice Krispies


I don't normally like pies because cooked fruit rarely appeals to me, but banana cream pie is an exception. Especially if there is a graham cracker crust. This recipe was great and I knew it before I even made it because you need 6 bananas! Unfortunately, only one photo.... and that's of the pie chilling in the fridge. I used a whole vanilla bean instead of 1/2 and I definitely tasted the difference. Also you want to eat this within a few days- bananas turn grey after awhile ): even if hidden under delicious pastry cream.


I was really happy to find THE recipe for Rice Krispies. Yup, the original. They taste different from the packaged variety- probably because they add a bunch of other junk to it. I added an extra 1/2 cup of marshmallows (mini) because I like them. The trick is to melt everything over a very low heat so you don't burn the marshmallows. And when pressing the rice into the pan, spray a sheet of plastic wrap with pam and use it pam-side-down to press the rice into whatever shape you want.

so good- these disappeared in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment