Thursday, December 10, 2009

Granola


I was never a big fan of granola until I had Jamba Juice's Chunky Strawberry (without peanut butter). It's kinda expensive though so I decided I'd make my own granola. It's great as cereal with soymilk and with yogurt in the morning. There are a LOT of granola recipes and I wasn't sure what Jamba Juice did with theirs so I started with David Lebovitz's recipe and added somethings and took some things out too.

I used rolled oats, sliced almonds, dried cranberries and puffed rice cereal. I didn't have rice syrup so I used maple syrup. The apple sauce is ssooooooooo good! It really made the granola stand out. I learned the hard way that puffed rice cereal tends to burn, so next time I'd add it in half way or towards the end of the baking time. I'm also going to try some pumpkin seeds and some more sea salt at the end. This recipe made WAY too much- even though I halved it. Luckily it didn't seem to go bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment