Monday, October 12, 2009

Frittata


I love eggs, I think I've already used up a dozen and I just bought them on Sunday. This is a great recipe to use up some eggs in case yours are going bad. This is delicious fresh out of the oven, or at room temperature the next day. I used asparagus, potatoes (a la spanish tortilla), green onions and BACON. I thought it was kinda weird using ricotta cheese- I thought the recipe would call for heavy cream, but I think this is healthier?


Anyways, this is the recipe. I used my cast iron skillet, hurray! I've had it for a few months now but I keep forgetting to use it. Also I've never used a cast iron skillet ever so I'm always nervous I'm going to break it. It's a 10 inch one and weighs a ton.


The hardest part was keeping the flame low. I'm always in a hurry, it's hard for me to keep the flame low and slowly stir. agghhh I overcooked a little bit because I couldn't help myself- I hope you're more patient... It was still delicious though.

No comments:

Post a Comment