Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I love chocolate chip cookies, but I've given up trying to find the "best." There is no best- there are just different kinds. The NY Times cookie is good, it's a sweet-savory satisfying cookies with slivers and chunks of chocolate. This cookie recipe is a buttery, crispy at the edges, chewy towards the middle type of deal. It's not fancy, it's just delicious.

I like more dough to chocolate, so I typically only put half of the amount of chocolate in a cookie. I had a few macadamia nuts leftover so I added chopped, toasted macadamia nuts to this batch.



Compare that cookie with "The Chewy" recipe by Alton Brown. It's a very similar recipe, but the portions are different. The first recipe is chewier, this one is a bit puffier.

No comments:

Post a Comment