Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sprinkle's Strawberry Cupcakes


Please tell me you've had Sprinkles cupcakes- they are one of the best LA cupcake eateries (also great? Kiss my Bundt, especially red velvet. They say they're the "first," but I have no idea who came first. My first experience with fancy cupcakes was Magnolia Bakery in New York- and I even had to wait in line. The cupcakes were sweet, teeth-achingly sweet. That killed the fancy cupcake scene for almost a year until someone introduced me to Sprinkles and the spark was rekindled. They are deliciously moist and not-too-sweet, not so tender that they come apart as you peel the paper wrapper.

Please ignore dirty oven/cupcake pan.

The recipe for the strawberry cupcake is posted online at Martha Stewart's website. Sprinkles also sells cupcake mixes, but they're $15 I think? You should just make these instead- there are actual strawberries in the recipe.


Word of caution: if you are using frozen strawberries, make sure you drain them well for the frosting. I didn't do that and ended up with frosting that looked curdled. Delicious, but curdled.

No comments:

Post a Comment