Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cake & Curried Potato Chips


This is a surprisingly good healthy(ish?) cake. There is shredded zucchini and I replaced the oil with unsweetened apple sauce- you really can't tell when you eat the cake. It's really moist and chocolatey, I even added walnuts to mine (still trying to use up all the nuts). I was really surprised I couldn't taste or feel the zucchini, I'm pretty skeptical of recipes like this that try to hide vegetables in desserts. The texture is a bit off compared to regular cake, this was softer, lighter.



soaking the potatoes to get rid of excess starch.

I saw a recipe for making potato chips in a microwave, but it looked too labor intensive. You can only make as many chips as fit in your microwave at at time. I saw this recipe for curried potato chips, which uses an oven. I made one batch with curry powder and one batch with cheddar bacon salt. The cheddar bacon salt turned out MUCH better- the curry chips tasted a tiny bit bitter towards the end. The author warns against this and I could probably avoid the problem by slicing the potatoes thinner. My kyocera mandolin is arriving in a week or two so I'll try making chips again with it.

1 comment:

  1. My gosh this is all just too good . AH i'm drooling.

    ReplyDelete