Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zucchini Cakes and Mushrom and Herb Polenta Triangles



I had leftover zucchini from the chocolate cake in the previous post so I made some zucchini cakes. It's basically like making latkes, but with zucchini instead. The parmesan was overwhelming, so I will use less of it next time. This is a great way to use up extra zucchini.


I'm enamored by polenta. It's amazing how delicious corn meal and water can be. This time I made mushroom and herb polenta squares. So. Tasty. If you don't like mushrooms, try substituting sundried tomatoes or just using herbs. This is also a good way to use up extra polenta and to experiment with textures. I tried to get fancy with the plating, but it's just on top of arugula, my current favorite salad.

smoothing it out into a flat sheet to rest in the fridge.

By the way I used my dad's Nikon D70 for these photos.... on auto because I don't know how to use it. Can you tell the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment