Monday, December 6, 2010

Chicken Tikka





My first foray into Indian food. My knowledge of Indian food starts and stop with whatever is served on the India Jones food truck and the Dosa truck and... curry. I know curry is Indian... and there's frequently a yogurt sauce?? I really have no idea so this is my way of venturing out to untested waters and trying different food.

new spices!

I had chicken tikka marsala on campus when I had lunch with my boss. It was amazing and although I found a lot of recipes online I thought I'd start with this simple recipe for chicken tikka so I wouldn't have to make a sauce. It's awesome, but 1) I am scared of raw chicken so I overcooked these (aka they were dry) and 2) I had to buy a lot of new spices. I guess this means I'll be making more Indian food because I don't want to waste all those spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment