Sunday, January 30, 2011

Braised Short Ribs





One of my new years resolutions is to cook more meat (even though I don't really eat meat). Braised short ribs always seemed like a complicated dish to me because the meat is so tender and flavorful. Turns out, it is incredibly easy. A few ingredients and just one pot. Unless you are like me and don't have roasting pan... then you have to take it from pan to oven-safe dish and back to pan. Either way, it is delicious.

My short ribs look a little different from the blog I got it from- I guess it's a different cut. I have no idea what part of the animal this is, I just asked the butcher for "short ribs" and he gave me these. Uhhh I will recommend trimming the fat before you cook them because these had a very very healthy amount of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment