Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tuxedo Cake


Look at this beautiful cake. It is so beautiful. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but this is the most pristine looking layered cake I have ever made. I didn't accidentally break the cake levels in half (hehe although I did break a few bits off here and there) and I didn't make the frosting curdle. PROGRESS!

I had to do this to protect the cake from saran wrap.

It's been awhile since I've made a cake so I decided to make this beautiful tuxedo cake. In the end though I didn't make the chocolate sauce on top since it was already really good. The chocolate cake is really moist and sweet, even when I used whole wheat flour. The frosting is whipped cream, which I loooveeeee. Asian cakes normally use whipped cream instead of the overly sweet buttercream on regular cakes so I'm used to it's texture and taste. Also it's a lot easier to make than say... strawberry buttercream.


This cake took a really long time to make. I only have 2 cake pans so it took me awhile to just bake the cake. Then I had to let it cool down and then do a crumb coat for each layer and then frost it. I was exhausted (this was a weeknight), but it was well worth the reward of eating cake for breakfast and dinner the next 3 or 4 days. You would do it too and you would love it because this cake is GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment