Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Broccoli, leek and potato soup and bruschetta


Again, with the soups right? Well there was a cold streak awhile ago so I had a great chance to expand my soup horizons. This recipe is for a broccoli, leek and potato soup. Those are 3 of my favorite ingredients. That's a baked potato, spanish tortilla, quiche ready to go. This recipe requires a food processor or blender AND there's dairy involved so it's a very thick, filling soup.


I had some extra potatoes so I diced them, seasoned them with cajun seasoning and drizzled some olive oil and baked them until crisp. I served these on top of the soup for some contrasting texture, woooo getting fancy! I left out the cheese, I didn't feel like it needed any.


I also had a leftover, stale baguette so I made some bruschetta. Slice the bread diagonally and toast lightly. Then rub a garlic clove on it and top with mozzarella, thin slices of garlic and a little bit of olive oil. Toast in the oven with the potatoes and then top with shredded, fresh basil. Deliiccciouuussss.

Soup, post-blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment