Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Caramelized Onion Tart




Umm oops, I haven't been on here for awhile. I moved to a new apartment and had to quickly assemble kitchen equipment (finally got a frying pan!) so there was very little cooking. And the cooking I did do was basic one-pan things like pasta or omelettes- not worthy of a blog post. This caramelized onion tart is from a month ago I think. It's really really good- I bought puff pastry because I didn't have time to make it.

The inspiration behind this pizza was an amazing pizza I had at Z Pizza in the Houston airport during a hellish layover/flight back from Cozumel. We almost didn't make it back and suddenly were able to get on the standby line! We got a quick bite to eat here- I had the Tuscan pizza, which was different types of mushrooms, feta and caramelized onions. It was very smelly- so much so that I didn't want to open it on the plane. It was so good though, so smelly and so good. I even liked the feta and I hate feta! (I guess I can downgrade the hate to a "sometimes I like")

This was easy, but not fast. It's also best the day you make it, unless you like soggy puff pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment