Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pepitas Brittle and another Pizza!



This is a failed attempt at pepitas brittle. I had to use leftover pepitas, so I thought I'd make brittle. I love peanut brittle! I'm not 100% sure what went wrong- I heated the sugar to the right temperature... there must've been some sugar on the side of the pan that didn't melt and it made the rest of the mixture crystallize. ): It tasted good though. I went overboard in protecting myself from hot bubbling sugar- I had oven mitts, aprons and towels on the side, ready just in case.

This is another version of the no-knead pizza dough. Sorry, no photos! I tried it and for some reason this one turned out better than the last version. No idea why or how, but I'm going to stick with this one for no-knead. Next up is to try a pizza dough recipe with cake flour, which is supposed to be the best stand in for 00 flour, which is what is traditionally used for pizza/pasta in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment