Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bacon and Pea Orecchiette and Garlic Knots


Did you watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution show? I didn't see any of it, but I read about it online. It's a really great cause- I know the food I ate in school was terrible (cheese fries!), but luckily I also liked vegetables and my taste changed as I grew up (still love cheese fries though). This recipe for Pasta with Creamy Bacon and Peas is from Jamie Oliver's show and I don't really know how this is "healthy." It has peas, but it also has bacon. I guess you could substitute whole wheat pasta, but EH I'm not a fan. It was good though-


Do you see all this garlic?? That's only half of it!! I love garlic bread, but I wanted something with more oomph. This recipe for garlic knots has, perhaps, too much oomph. I tasted garlic the next day and into the next 2 meals. I probably reeked of garlic after making this. You probably want to use 2/3 of the amount of garlic it asks for unless you are hunting vampires. Very tasty though- especially when you put some butter on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment