Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Momofuku's Compost Cookie


It's the one and only compost cookie from David Chang's Momofuku (well... actually Christina Tosi since she's the pastry chef). It is a delicious use for all your leftover baking bits and salty snacks. The annoying part is that you have to refrigerate the dough for a few hours before baking AAHH! Does anyone ever bake 6 hours before they crave a cookie?

The first time I made it with potato chips, honey wheat pretzels, a skor bar and chocolate chips.


The second time I made it with regular kettle chips, thin pretzels, chocolate rice crispy cereal and chocolate chips.

The first batch I made still had some large pieces of chips and pretzels left so there were some bits of salty, chewyness. EH not the tastiest cookie, but I made sure to bash the chips and pretzels properly for the second batch. The only complaint (if you are a butter hater) that I heard was that it was "too buttery" so I'll decrease the butter by a tablespoon or two for the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment