Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Baked Eggs with Polenta


This recipe for baked eggs is a mash up of this recipe and this recipe. I basically had a lot of eggs to get rid of and a tiny bit of cornmeal and tomato sauce that I wanted to use so I looked to these two recipes for guidance. Also, do you see that tiny baby basil leaf? I GREW IT FROM A SEED!!!!! YAAYYYY The leaves are all about that size, I hope it experiences a growth spurt soon.

This is a super easy and surprisingly filling dish- the polenta + egg is enough for a meal if you have some veggies on the side. I roasted some cauliflower and garlic while the eggs were cooking. I was still a wee bit scared of salmonella because I made this a few weeks ago so I cooked it until the yolks were just about solid, but this has great potential to be accompanied by bread to soak up the yolk + sauce. Yum.



Various herbs from my sad balcony garden (chives, rosemary, basil) + polenta.


Dab of tomato sauce.

Egg! (Not shown is the bread crumbs + parmesan I later added on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment