Thursday, October 28, 2010

Roasted Tomato Soup


This recipe for a roasted tomato soup comes from Gordon Ramsey. It is sublime. I chose the best looking organic heirloom tomatoes from Trader Joe's and stuck them in the oven with onions and garlic... the kitchen smelled amazing. Roasting is my go-to preparation for almost everything. It takes little effort and it's difficult to mess up. Just cut up the vegetables, toss with some olive oil and garlic and stick them in the oven for awhile. Shake the pan every once in awhile and take it out once it browns or softens. Easy!

My favorite way to prepare cauliflower is to cut it up and roast it with garlic, olive oil and sea salt. The cauliflower gets brown and crisp at the bottom and soft and garlicy everywhere else. This was another great tomato soup! I'm really glad I decided to give tomato soup another try because otherwise I never would've found out how much I love it.

Post roast vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment