Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Carbonara

Rules, rules. I hate following rules, and that is exactly why cooking in my opinion beats baking, anytime (--I know Angela will disagree with me on this one). Flexibility in recipes is key to the evolution of great recipes! Also, I am lazy and don't like to use measurement cups when I don't have to (less dishes to wash too). So instead of just re-posting good recipe finds, I'm going to attempt to change up what I find when I cook (if I one day become a better baker, I will do this for baking too).

Carbonara


Recipe adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spaghetti-Carbonara-II/Detail.aspx
  • Ingredient changes made: scratch that bacon! Use 3 oz. (or more) pancetta instead. Also, in place of onions, use chives, chopped in 1/2 inch long pieces. Use 3 cloves garlic, no white wine, no parsley (although parsley would have been nice).
Turned out very tasty and pretty looking! :) Although I'll have to try more carbonaras to fix this one up to be "amazing"...

(Notice today I cooked earlier in the day and was able to capture some beautiful natural sunlight outside... and you can also see the pool and vegetation outside my apartment window :p)

1 comment:

  1. that looks delish!! it's one of my favorite pastas but surprisingly not that common, or if it's available it comes with bacon, but i also prefer pancetta. let me know when you further experiment on this and i can come lend a hand! :)

    ReplyDelete