Monday, April 13, 2009

Mixed Berry Galette




This recipe comes from one of my favorite blogs, Use Real Butter. Especially check out the recent kitchen tours.

Here is the recipe for the mixed berry galette. First some definitions:

Galette- "a general term used in French to designate various types of flat, round or freeform crusty cakes" (from wikipedia)
pâte sucrée- "A French term for a rich, sweetened short pastry used for desserts such as pies, tarts and filled cookies." (from epicurious)
how to "cut" butter into flour- I found a great link here... AFTER I made it. ):


Rolling out the dough.

So this was my first time "cutting" butter into flour and I sort of mushed it around so there were small bits of butter in the dough. I also made 3 instead of 4 galettes. It was really good although I think the pastry dough could've been better if I'd done it correctly. The berries were so warm and bursting with flavor when they came out (the butter probably helped...).

about to go in the oven


No comments:

Post a Comment