Thursday, April 2, 2009

NY Times Cookie


It wasn't until I had a Kayak cookie at Teaism in D.C. that I realized salt on cookies was THE BEST THING EVER. Then I flew back to LA where there are no Kayak cookies (plus they're pricey. You can purchase a 6 pack for $15.95 online + shipping). I looked and tried every recipe I could find online. There are rumors that rice flour is the key. I never made a good duplicate...Months later there was The New York Times Cookie. It was blogged everywhere and I had to make it.

I didn't have the "1 1/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate disks or fèves, at least 60 percent cacao content (see note)" so I used chopped Valrhona 65% cocoa instead and I even refrigerated it for 36 hours. It was really good. I don't know if the resting did anything, but... it was good. It browned much faster then a regular cookie.

Next time I'm going to use the chocolate disks and some fancy fleur de sal. It's not a kayak cookie at all, but it satisfies my salt+sugar craving.


*sorry for the blurry, weird colored, not so great photos. I will work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment