Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baguettes

Please ignore their pale color... I spritzed water too early

I don't have a lot of experience with baking bread besides things like banana "bread." The first yeast recipe I made was for soft pretzels (which I will post later on!). This is one of my first real "bread" recipes and it was a doozy. There is so much effing resting time. It's something you can do a few minutes everyday (until the final baking day).

I got this excellent recipe from King Arthur's Flour Blog. I LOVE their blog, they give very detailed descriptions of what to do and pictures at every step. Very helpful for people new at baking. They also have really cool gadgets like the gigantic cup measurer so you know if your dough has doubled in size. Also helpful.... is youtube. I had to youtube how to properly knead dough before I bought my mixer. I tend to use my mixer for stickier doughs and hand knead for everything else.

rest 1: 14 hours

My awesome mixer doing the hard work for me :)

The final rise

yummm

I definitely need to practice making these baguettes! But I think this was a good start
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment