Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scallops and Gougeres


I was craving some scallops so I picked some up from the frozen aisle at Trader Joe's. I used this recipe for Butter-Fried Sea Scallops with Thyme and White Wine. This was my first time cooking scallops and it turned out very well! I was really scared of overcooking them, but they had a nice crust on the outside and were very tender. There are only a few ingredients and it took less then half an hour to make. I put a little bit more white wine in and served it over some pasta.


After some online searching... I've realized what's wrong with my camera! It can only macro-focus starting at 10 cm from the subject )= omgz. So don't get a nikon coolpix s560 if you want to take pictures of things up close.


Next up is a SUPER DELICIOUS recipe from David Lebovitz. I haven't made my own ice cream yet, but when I do I will buy his book! I was craving some Brazilian cheese bread (not sure what it was called, wikipedia thinks it is Pao de quijo) so I used David's recipe for Gougeres. I used parmesan and it was SO EFFING GOOD. I want to try a different cheese next time with some different herbs because these were mild. Gruyere and thyme?



They cooked perfectly, no problems puffing at all. They were crisp on the outside, and a soft eggy texture on the inside. Also, if you don't have a Silpat yet you should get one because it is the best silicon baking mat. I got mine from amazon.

This is me trying to get a CLEAR photo of the inside. )=

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment