Thursday, May 14, 2009

Korean BBQ Chicken

JUST a side note: since I'm not allowed to BBQ at the place I live at, I had to improvise using an oven and some pan frying, but a charcoal BBQ grill will make this taste best. ;)


Ingredients:
  • 1 Bottle Korean BBQ Sauce (find at 99 Ranch or Korean markets)
  • 6-8 pieces of boneless chicken thighs (or whatever cut of chicken you like)
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • pepper to taste (if desired)
Directions:
  1. Marinate chicken in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag for at least 2-3 hours, or overnight. I usually give it about 3-4 hours.
  2. Bake chicken in a pan at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until ready (not bleeding if cut in thickest part of chicken). *The key here to keep your chicken moist is to COVER the pan completely with foil paper! (Caution: steam is HOT. Be careful when you remove the foil after baking!)
  3. Heat oil in pan and pan fry the cooked chicken until you get a slight burnt look. Enjoy!
Korean BBQ Sauce

This is the best sauce I've found so far--same one my mom uses when she BBQs over a propane grill. Tastes wonderful, and this also works really well for bulgogi (Korean BBQ short ribs)!

No comments:

Post a Comment