Thursday, July 8, 2010

Black Bean Chorizo Subs and Roasted Pepitas


I found this recipe for Black Bean Chorizo Subs around the time that Rick Bayless cooked a state dinner. The recipe sounded strange, but I trusted the POTUS and FLOTUS' taste in chefs. I really liked the sandwiches, but Ilya thought they were disgusting because of the texture so if you're not a fan of smashed beans + meat, you might want to skip this one. It was a great idea to hollow out the bread so the beans/meat would have a place to fill instead of squishing out the sides- I might use that more often.



I've also been experimenting with nuts because I'm trying to eat more of them. Right now I have a big bag of pepitas from Trader Joes and while they're tasty on their own, they are also boring. This recipe for sugar and spice roasted pepitas makes a super flavorful nut mix? bar? I don't know what to call these, but they are super tasty. I would use a ltitle less cumin and chili because it was a bit too much. I really liked the sugar + salt + chile combination though. I might try this with some other nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment