Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Broccoli Garlic Quiche and Matcha Mochi Cupcakes

perfectly done.

slightly overdone.

I still had mochiko leftover from making daifuku so I found this great recipe for Matcha Mochi Cupcakes. Maybe it should be called a bread or muffin since there isn't a frosting for it. The mochiko flour makes the bread squishy, but it's still crisp on the outside. They were really good right out of the oven, by the next day they were already getting stale despite being saran wrapped.

I love making pastry dough, it's so much easier with a dough blender! The all-butter pastry dough for the Broccoli Garlic Quiche is pretty good. I love quiche, everything about them. I had a stockpile of Trader Joe's quiches, but I thought it'd be fun to try and make one too. They're pretty easy to make and are good at room temperature too so they make great leftovers. Sorry no photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment