Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Arroz Verde and Strawberry Sorbet



Green rice! Weird, right? I found the recipe from NY Time's recipes for health - I had a huge bag of baby spinach that was about to go bad. It tasted like rice with onions and garlic, not spinach-y, but maybe that's the point. I don't know why my rice looks so wet compared to the NY Times' one- I'm just not very good at making fluffy rice in a pan, that's what rice cookers are for! I'm sure this would be a hit with kids and it's a good way to use up some extra produce.

Sorry this is the only photo I took of the strawberry sorbet! The recipe is once again from David Lebovitz. It's a very strawberry-y sorbet because the only ingredients are strawberries, sugar and salt (and kirsch if you want). I used the full amount of sugar because my strawberries didn't taste very sweet, but it came out to be too sweet- I added lemon juice to balance it out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment